Sunday, June 28, 2009

Scam alert: Mid-Valley Megamall carpark

Here is a scam alert I received from an email forward. The incident took place at Mid-Valley Megamall carpark. Please take note and keep yourself and your loved ones safe:


Dear Friends,

I would like to share a life saving incident that all our loved ones needs
to be aware.

Last Saturday, 11th April 2009, my girlfriend and I were in Mid Valley “The Gardens” for a movie. We finished around 8.40pm. I had parked my car just right above the ‘GSC Signature Cinema’ on the 5th floor.. As we were getting into our car, we realized that the parking fee had not been paid. We decided to stop by the Auto pay station on the lower parking level to do the payment.

We drove 2 floors down and couldn't’t locate the Auto Pay Station. We decided to park our car at 2nd floor wondering if there should be a pay station in the mall at the lobby area. My girlfriend decided to wait in the car as she was on the phone. was walking into the mall looking for an Auto Pay Station, failing to find one, I decided to walk 1 floor down. About minutes time, my girlfriend called me on my mobile phone and she sounded terrified . She was shouting for help. She told me that there is a guy who is trying to get into the car. The guy was trying to get into the car very calmly, pretending getting into his own car. He failed to open and refuses to continue trying as he noticed that she was on the phone calling for help. Luckily, she had locked the door just right after I got out earlier. I run up as quickly as possible to reach her.

The moment I reached to the parking area, I saw the guy walking away slowly from the car. He was walking towards the ramp heading to the upper level. As I ran up the ramp, though I could still see him I realized that I was running away from my car again. It could be teamwork just to divert my presence from my car. I got back to my girlfriend quickly to calm her down.

We made an official report to the Mid Valley security management to investigate on the CCTV. It was a lesson learned for us to be more careful in the parking zones. I’m happy that my girlfriend is still here with me today. Please be watchful in parking zones.

Tips that we should be aware:

Never leave valuable items or your family members alone in the car at parking location.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Name deleted for privacy

**** Service Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment