Thursday, June 28, 2007

I was born, bred and will live the rest of my life in Malaysia, but one day, I will like to visit Melbourne

I was born in Malaya before Merdeka, bred here and intend to live the rest of my life here as I like the fact that I don't need to turn on central heating in winter or wear winter clothes when I go out (I was in Belgium for 2 years). But I have a sister living in Melbourne and one day, I will like to visit her.

There are also other attractions in Victoria, the state in which Melbourne is located. Among them that interest me is the Victoria's Open Range Zoo in Werribee, just 32 km south-west of Melbourne, where animals from the grasslands of Australia, Africa and Asia live in habitats as close as possible to their natural habitats. I would be particularly interested to see the Australian wild life like kangaroo and koala bears as they are unique and not seen in any other parts of the world.Another place of interest I would be like to visit is the Queen Victoria Market, the largest open-air market in the Southern Hemisphere. Perhaps I can get some cheap souvenirs there to bring home. I was told they have 'bumper packs' of souvenirs that are are more economical to purchase than trying to purchase them individually. This will solve the problems of having to bring back gifts for kids, relatives, etc.

However, I will obviously need accommodation, and it may be too much to impose upon my sister. I found a site Cheap Hotels in Melbourne which looks promising. I may decide to stay in a Melbourne City Hotel as then I would be nearer to the city's places of interest.

I may also spend some time in St. Kilda and stay in a St. Kilda Hotel. St Kilda is Victoria's beachside playground and the Luna Park and the Palais Theatre are located there. I understand there are also many restaurants, cafes, boutiques with a thriving nightlife. And I would love to try out the continental cake shops of Acland Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment